3 Things That Are Not on Your Holiday Wish List But Probably Should BeService Champions
  • CALL
  • East Bay (925) 308-5025
  • Sacramento (916) 231-9469
  • South Bay (408) 572-8065

3 Things That Are Not on Your Holiday Wish List but Probably Should Be

December 11th, 2018

We can pretty much guarantee that these items aren’t at the top of your holiday wish list.

But maybe they should be.

Instead of a new smartphone, TV or tablet that will be outdated within 6 months, how about putting one of these high-efficiency home improvements on the top of your list?

  1. Programmable or Smart Thermostat

Let’s start off with something small, yet valuable. If you have an old thermostat without programming functionality, you could be missing out on $180 a year in energy savings, according to Energy Star estimates.

Smart and programmable thermostats allow you to automatically set back the temperature in your home when you are gone. After all, why are you paying to heat and cool your home when there’s no one home?

The $180 savings depends, of course, on actually using the programmable settings. Unfortunately, many people have no idea how to use their programmable thermostats. Use this thermostat schedule for maximum savings in winter.

If you have any doubts about your thermostat, don’t hesitate to Ask a Champion. And don’t forget to consult your owner’s manual.

There are lots of thermostat options to choose from. Learn which thermostat is best for you.

  1. New HVAC System

If it’s been awhile since you had a new furnace, you could have one with an AFUE of as low as 60%. That means 60% of the fuel you pay for is converted to heat while the other 40% is wasted.

Looked at another way — for every $10 you spend on fuel for heat, $6 goes to heating your home while $4 is wasted.

New furnaces can have up to a 98% AFUE, which means 98% of the fuel you pay for goes to heating your home. You can see how this can save you significant money.

Of course, if you do get a new furnace, you’ll want to replace the air conditioner as well. Do NOT skimp on the installation. A quality installation by a reputable heating company is essential in order to get the most out of your new, energy efficient furnace. Otherwise, you may void the manufacturer’s warranty and  experience air quality problems and high energy bills.

A poor install will negate the benefits of purchasing a new furnace in the first place.

Heat pumps are another option. They are basically air conditioners that can also work in reverse to efficiently heat your home. One device for both heating and cooling. They work best in moderate climates like ours.

Learn how to select the right HVAC system for your home.

  1. Home Maintenance Plan

Maintenance plans are a great way to ensure your home functions properly all year round. Not only will you save a lot of money and energy, you’ll also never have to remember a tune-up appointment for as long as you are a member.

Service Champions provides an Annual “WOW” Tune-Up for your Furnace and Air Conditioner, once in the fall and again in the spring. We also offer Unlimited Furnace and Air Conditioning Safety Inspections, upon request. Our Maintenance Value Plan (MVP) is the most comprehensive HVAC maintenance plan you’ll find.

Treat Yourself

It’s highly unlikely you’ll get these high-efficiency home improvements as gifts even if you do put them on your wish list (the last two are hard for Santa to fit in his sleigh).

But you can always take advantage of year-end and holiday deals and purchase them for yourself. Think of it as a gift to the earth (and your wallet.)

Wondering how much you could save by upgrading your furnace or installing a heat pump?

Contact Service Champions to help make your wishes come true — just schedule your free estimate online.

Schedule a Service Now!

Pleasanton

Service Champions - East Bay
7020 Commerce Dr
Pleasanton, CA 94588

(925) 444-4444
(925) 598-1827 - Fax

Rocklin

Service Champions - Sacramento
4430 Yankee Hill Rd
Rocklin, CA 95677

(916) 777-4444
(916) 415-0687 - Fax

San Jose

Service Champions - San Jose
1735 Angela St
San Jose, CA 95125

(408) 777-9444

Concord

Service Champions - Concord
200 Mason Cir, Suite 200
Concord, CA 94520

(925) 444-4444

Livermore

Service Champions - Livermore
96 Rickenbacker Cir
Livermore, CA 94551

(925) 444-4444

Careers

Come join our team
of Champions!”

Feedback Corner

24x7 Answering Service

Mon-Thu: 7am - 8pm
Fri-Sun: 7am - 7pm

info@servicechampions.net

Our quality service and guarantees have made us the best choice in Northern California. We look forward to hearing from you.

Send us Feedback

We would love to hear how your recent experience was. Please feel free to reach out to us.