We know cleanliness in our homes is a good thing. We use hand sanitizers, water filtration systems, buy bottled water, and use eco-friendly cleaning products… but do we ever think of the air we breathe within our own walls?
We’ve learned to avoid second-hand smoke, the dangers of big-city smog, and factory emissions, yet the air circulating inside our own homes can be four to five times more polluted than the outdoor air. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and its Science Advisory Board consistently rate indoor air pollution among the top five environmental risks to public health. For example, one gram of dust contains about 1,000 living dust mites and 250,000 allergenic dust mite fecal pellets (Achoo Allergy).
According to scientists, the average human drinks about two quarts of water per day, yet breathes about 15,000 quarts of air per day. If the air inside your home is unclean, serious and harmful health effects for you and your family can be triggered. Asthma, allergies, respiratory and heart disease, pneumonia and even lung cancers can occur as a result of breathing unhealthy air.
Indoor Air Quality Solutions for Your Entire Home
Luckily, Service Champions provides a number of indoor air solutions to make the air you inhale safe again.
Service Champions provides state-of-the-art air duct cleaning, air duct sealing, air scrubbers and cleaners, and air filtration to help keep your household air clean and healthy. Over time, air ducts become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen and other debris that can cause allergic reactions or other symptoms in people exposed to contaminants. If moisture is present in your air ducts, the potential for microbiological growth (e.g., mold) is increased and spores may be released into your living space every time your air conditioner or furnace is running.
Service Champions also provides environmentally friendly products for cleaner air, such as Air Scrubber Plus® and PureFlow™ Duct Systems. Sealing and insulating your air ducts not only improves air quality, it will also help you save energy and money. A home with properly designed and sealed ductwork can make your home more energy efficient and comfortable.
Benefits of PureFlow™ duct systems include:
- More consistent heating and cooling; gets rid of hot and cold spots
- Made with environmentally friendly materials; completely safe and nontoxic
- Keeps gases, fumes, dust, and other contaminants from entering the ducts and getting circulated throughout the home
- Reduces the potential for mold growth
- Can lower utility bills by as much as 30%
- Pays for itself in energy savings
- Lowers carbon footprint
Additionally, if you’re thinking about installing a new HVAC system, a sealed and insulated duct system may allow you to downsize to a smaller unit and save even more money on heating and cooling.
We want all of our clients to “breathe easy” inside their homes. Contact Service Champions today to schedule your FREE Air Quality Consultation.
Our Indoor Air Quality Specialists are trained and certified to perform an Indoor Air Quality Audit. This audit is designed to inform and educate homeowners of the solutions for a cleaner, healthier living environment and includes the following:
- Test for carbon monoxide leaks at all gas appliances
- Complete room by room airflow analysis in order to identify hot and cold spots throughout the home
- Check for ductwork deficiencies such as breaks, leaks, and hazards such as asbestos
- Ensure ductwork design is efficient and meets home’s health, safety, and comfort requirements
- Test all existing HVAC equipment for proper operation, including fan for indoor air quality purposes
- Test current filtration effectiveness and operation
- Inspect ductwork with swab and visual test for debris and buildup
- Inspect fire hazards around all gas appliances
- Test humidity levels throughout home
- Test all smoke detectors for operation and safety
All of our indoor air quality product are custom designed for your home. Contact Service Champions to set up your FREE Indoor Air Quality Consultation. Learn more about our Indoor Air Quality Products and Services.