You may be quite handy around the house or know someone who can handle minor repairs, but your home’s HVAC system is not something to take lightly. HVAC maintenance and repairs are typically more intensive than other odd jobs around the home, and since your comfort depends on it, it’s essential to give your HVAC the care it needs.
Here are some of the main reasons why you need to call the experts:
- They Get It Right, the First Time – Trained technicians know the ins and outs of different air conditioning systems, and have spent years working with them. They can fix any problems you face and even diagnose other issues that you may not have noticed. HVAC technology has evolved tremendously over the years – technicians can find what’s causing malfunctions and correct it right away.
- They Won’t Waste Time on the Job – When you hire a professional HVAC technician, they will ensure that your system is up and running in a timely manner. Whether it is installation, maintenance or a repair, they have the experience to get the job done in a fraction of the time it would take you or a handyman to do it. That doesn’t mean they’ll skim over it either, just that they can locate faults and issues faster!
- They Have Insurance Against Accident/Injury – Professional HVAC technicians are covered by liability insurance, which helps to protect both them and you. If they sustain an injury on the job, you won’t be held liable for it. It may sound like an unlikely scenario, but accidents can and do happen, and you could end up paying through your nose if you hire an amateur to save a few dollars.
- They are HERO Program Qualified – This government incentive program pays for 100% of purchase and installation costs for upgrading your HVAC to a more environmentally-friendly and energy-efficient one. If you hire a professional HVAC technician from a company registered with the HERO Program, they are qualified to install upgrades covered by it.
- They Have the Right Equipment – Right from installing a new heating and cooling system to cleaning or repairing an existing one, HVAC professionals have specialized tools designed for the job. Even if you’re a DIY enthusiast with a garage full of tools, you won’t have industrial-strength antimicrobial solution to kill mold and bacteria, or a high-pressure vacuum cleaner for cleaning inside the unit!
- They Bring Experience to the Table – Air conditioning and heating equipment has gotten more complex over time, and there could be a wide range of possible causes for every issue. Unless you have the required training and experience, you’re unlikely to be able to diagnose and fix it right. In fact, you could end up causing more damage if you try and repair the HVAC system on your own or let an amateur have a go at it.
- They Save You the Trouble – Yes, you could handle the basics yourself, but do you really want to? Cleaning and servicing your home’s heating and cooling equipment can be messy, dangerous and extremely tiresome, so leave it to those who can handle it. Professionals not only have the know-how to minimize the mess, they will also be able to locate and fix health hazards like mold and bacteria.
Regular HVAC maintenance is essential to help your system run as efficiently as possible. At Service Champions, we’re dedicated to keeping your home safe and comfortable, so schedule an appointment with our trained technicians today!