This fall, rise up to the healthy and prosperous way to keep your family safe by keeping your HVAC equipment in its best shape. Simply give attention to the maintenance requirements of your HVAC system. Overlooking this factor could put your family at risk and can burn a hole in your pocket as HVAC (heating, ventilating and air-conditioning) systems are pretty dear!
While HVAC systems have significantly improved our lifestyle by providing comfort and accessibility, it is also known that these systems require regular proper installation as well as regular check-ups and maintenance that decide their life expectancy.
Do you know that you can just smell to detect issues with your HVAC system? Here’s how…
- Rotten Egg Smell: A light pungent smell which emits from furnace running on natural gas. If you detect such a smell then immediately leave home and call the gas company for professional inspection as there are chances of gas leak explosion.
- Electrical Smell: A distinctive odour of overworked equipment during the winter season leads to overheating, causes malfunction or damage to the wiring system. It is a major health and safety hazard because it can cause a fire. Hence, it is recommended to turn off the master switch and re-enter the premises only when the repair has been done.
- Moldy or Musty Smell: Usually, the moisture formed due to a condensation build-up is safe. But sometimes, moisture creeps into the ductwork that causes heavy mold growth.
- Burning Smell: You get such a smell when leaking oil gets heated by the motor. In such a scenario, immediately turn off the oil switch running on the supply line, followed by turning off your furnace by the shutoff valve.
- Water Leaks: a couple of reasons for a leak in your air conditioner are either a frozen evaporator coil or a broken condensate pump. A visual inspection sometimes gives a first-hand impression of a problem.
Pull up your socks if you want an efficient HVAC system for the fall. Why should you do it?
- Save time and Money on Repairing: These systems aren’t made to last forever; hence scheduled timely inspections will enhance their efficiency and life. The regular check-up will prevent untimely breakdowns and expensive repairs while saving time and money as well as ensuring the safety of your family.
- Breathe Fresh AQir: Bad odor from your HVAC system is not an indication of air filter replacement. It just requires sound maintenance as we tend to spend more time inside our homes during the fall. Change air filters every three months or so, depending upon the usage.
- Save on Utilities & Spend it on Christmas: Heating and cooling bills are accounted for major expenses. Conduct timely inspections of the motor, furnace, ductwork and filters, save a lot of money and spend it on Christmas which is right around the corner! Good idea?
- Why Stay Up Cold when you can Sleep Warm: During winter, HVAC system is at the peak of its usage, consuming more power and hence, it’s a perfect time for its breakdown. Avoid inconvenience with the fall HVAC maintenance.
- Better Safe than Sorry: Proper inspection and maintenance by a professional technician will keep your family safe and the HVAC system running. The regular check-up will add value to the equipment’s life.
Prevention is better than cure and the same applies to home HVAC system. Keep your family safe by avoiding any kind of accident and lead them to live a healthy life with pure air to breathe.