Don’t Wait For A Complete Water Heater Failure
Northern California’s Water Heater Replacement Experts
If you’re seeing any signs of a problem with your water heater, contact us for help ASAP! When homeowners wait too long, it can lead to total failure and sometimes a big flood in your home. Get peace of mind and have one of our expert water heater technicians come to your home and inspect your water heater now.
Our pricing promise to you: Every Service Champions’ water heater comes with a “No-Change-Order Guarantee” which ensures the upfront price you receive is 100% accurate. There is zero difference in the estimate you receive and the price you pay.
Our Water Heater Inspection Is Thorough – NOTHING Is Overlooked:
- Check For Proper Ventilation
- Check For Proper Gas Shut Off Valves
- Check Water Lines And Tank For Rust And Leaks
- Check Safety System Temperature And Pressure
- Check Or Safety Drain Pain And Piping
- Check For Earthquake Strapping
- Check For Any Noises That Could Be Caused By Sediment Buildup
Common Water Heater Problems
- Having to wait for hot water when taking a shower or using fixtures
- Temperature problems
- Not enough hot water
- Noises in Tank
- Sediment buildup
- Slow recovery time
- Black or rust-colored water
- Tank is showing signs of leaking
If you are replacing your existing unit, consider a tankless water heater or a recirculating pump to avoid all of the above issues.
Signs A Water Heater Needs Repaired Or Replaced
Often times water heater failure happens because homeowners don’t know the warning signs. Here are 4 big indicators that signal coming disruption or disaster:
- Rusty water
- Rumbling sound
- The water heater has sprung a leak (even a slow one)
- Hot showers are not hot anymore
Get service immediately if you notice these signs. Most water heaters last between 8 to 10 years depending on the quality of water and the design of the unit. If your water heater is older than a decade, has a leaky base, or does not heat water as efficiently as before, it is probably time to replace your existing water heater.
Should I Replace My Water Heater, Or Just Repair It?
At Service Champions, we won’t recommend a water heater replacement unless it’s in your best interest. If you only need a repair, we’ll recommend the appropriate service and save you the cost of replacement.
[NOTE: We service water heaters installed by Service Champions.]
If you’re not sure which you need, we can send one of our expert water heater technicians and he will diagnose and make a recommendation for repair or replacement. Let us solve your water heater issues now and give you one less thing to worry about!
Know What Resides in Your Water Heater
A water heater over 10 years old can have buildup of sediment caused by city water quality and a deteriorating anode rod inside the water heater. When this happens, the water coming into your home can be contaminated, discolored, and affect the overall cleanliness and taste.
Here’s What You Need To Know About Water Heater Replacement
When replacing your existing unit consider upgrading to an energy-efficient unit to help save on your utility bills. Check the following factors to ensure that you make the right choice:
- A heating capacity of at least 40 gallons
- The number of gallons your heater can heat in one hour
- The height and width of the heater to ensure that it fits the space you have
- Check the energy-efficiency ratings of the unit you plan to purchase
The label on either side of your existing unit will reveal important information like the tank capacity, model, installation guidelines, serial number, wattage capacity, working pressure, and voltage. This information will serve as a guideline when searching for a similar unit or an upgraded version.